Monday, April 18, 2011

I Just Don't Know

There has been a raging flame recently about Rob Bell's new book "Love Wins". I haven't had a chance to read it my self so I will not comment yet. However, does anyone wonder why this kind of stuff comes up? Why do we seem to constantly have to deal with people who would rock the boat? In Islam, if you shake things up, they kill you. You don't even have to be a follower of Mohammad, just write a joke about him or draw a picture, or burn the Koran and they come after you with knife, gun, and bomb. Good way to stop debate! Perhaps that's why we have "ark rockers", a living faith needs to be challenged. We will stagnate and die if we don't look at what we believe and ask ourselves if we really agree with what we have been taught. Personally, when it comes to the basics of the Christian faith, the orthodoxy if you will, I believe. However, do I need to be ordained to have a positive effect on people's lives and preach the gospel? NO, I don't. Does drinking a beer send me to hell? No, it doesn't (however we do have to be careful for many non-believers are taken aback when a "Christian" has a drink, and we are called not to cause anyone to fall). Look to Christ, follow His teachings. The answers are there, somewhere.

No comments: